Thursday, 2 December 2021
8 am-9 am
“Poles at the Ends of the World”
- Which Polish general has a settlement in South America named after him?
- Who was sent exotic delicacies to the POW camp by their former workers?
- How did an inconspicuous geographer from Lviv put a spoke in the European powers’ wheel?
- In which district of Warsaw and why were the achievements of a famous traveller censored with a grinder in the 21st century?
We will discuss these and many other exotic adventures of Polish travellers during the lecture “Poles at the Ends of the world” at breakfast on 18 November. For those interested, we’ll be recommending an exhibition which runs until the end of the month, where you can discover more globetrotter stories.
The meeting will be hosted by Hanna Dzielińska – a journalist, Warsaw guide, author of online intercity (quarantine) walks, books on culture and the city, as well as a populariser of culture and art. Hania is also involved in keeping cultural and artistic life vibrant and alive – she organizes the production of documentaries and reportages and cooperates with districts and cultural institutions in the creation of historical publications. Hania has also led the scientific club of History of Art Students and has published her own series of adventure games for children and adults.
The meeting will be held in Polish.
To confirm your participation, please contact:
Timea Balajcza, email@example.com
tel.: +48 601 913 446
- Please be informed that the participation in the “Online Breakfast with BALAJCZA” and “Online Workshops with BALAJCZA” is tantamount to consenting to the use and dissemination by the organizer, i.e. BALAJCZA sp. z o.o. (KRS 0000659805), of the image of the persons participating in the “Online Breakfast with BALAJCZA” and “Online Workshops with BALAJCZA” provided for in Article 81 of the Act of February 4, 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights.
- By signing up for the webinar, you consent to receiving marketing information from BALAJCZA sp. z o.o. and the processing of personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Policy published on the website balajcza.pl