28.04.2021, 11:00 - 12:00
Equal pay for women and men - why is it high time for employers to strategically differentiate themselves in the labor market?
15% - this is the average wage gap in the OECD. What is the situation in Poland?
Polish - Swiss Chamber of Commerce and BBC Business Women Club cordially invite you to the webinar "Equal pay for women and men - why is it high time for employers to strategically distinguish themselves in the labor market?", which will take place on April 28, at 11:00 am. The event is co-organized by a PwC .
The event will be held in Polish.
Equal pay for equal work is a principle with which we would rather all agree. But can your company prove that it pays the same? Until a few years ago, only a small number of companies in North America and Western Europe decided to take steps to accurately measure and validate pay equality.
They have benefited in form of increased attraction of talent and a better reputation in society. Currently, an increasing number of countries in Europe are introducing legislation to enforce equal pay reporting: from the UK in 2017, to Scandinavia, France and Germany, and now Switzerland as well. The Polish government has also introduced certain regulations in this area, for example for banks, and has announced new ones for all employers with over 250 employees. In Poland, it is high time for companies to be the first and show that they are ahead of the trend. How can Polish companies do this? And what can we learn from Switzerland, where the new rules only came into force last year? We will talk about these and other issues during our webinar.
During the webinar, we will cover the following topics:
- How likely is it that Poland will have provisions on equal pay on large scale? What could they look like?
- Case study: How did the new equal pay legislation affect Swiss companies?
- What is the "wage gap" in Poland? What is the impact of the pandemic on the situation of women in terms of equal pay?
- Why should companies prove that they pay equally? What are the benefits of this?
- How can companies obtain an external certification that women and men receive equal pay and have equal opportunities?
The webinar will be conducted by:
Katarzyna Komorowska, Partner PwC Polska
Joanna Narkiewicz-Tarłowska, Director PwC Polska
Alexander Skumiewski, Manager PwC Szwajcaria
If you are interested in participating, please contact: email@example.com